- The Crusading Lawyer (To Kill a Mockingbird's Atticus Finch)
- The Heroic Lawyer (Jimmy Stewart's character in Anatomy of a Murder)
- The Obtuse Lawyer (John Travolta's character in A Civil Action)
- The Disillusioned Lawyer (George Clooney as the titular Michael Clayton)
- The Vengeful Lawyer (the legal team in Runaway Jury)
- Buffoons in Law (Vinny Gambino in My Cousin Vinny)
While the Goodson Law Library doesn't own every film title which is mentioned in the article, the Legal DVDs collection on level 3 includes a sizeable majority. DVDs in this collection of law-related films and television series may be borrowed for a 3-day loan by bringing the empty case to the Circulation/Reserve desk. View a list of Legal DVD titles from newest to oldest or by Most Popular. You can also search for particular film titles in the Duke Libraries Catalog. (Are we missing a favorite legal movie? Let us know in the online Suggestion Box.) For help with locating a legal DVD, be sure to Ask a Librarian.